Become a Member!
We welcome anyone interested in preserving West Windsor's open space, promoting conservation, and making our town a better place in which to live! To join as a dues-paying member (dues help fund our general operations), please fill out the form below and mail it to the address provided on the form with a check made out to FOWWOS (see the form for instructions). Please contact us if you have any questions.
Other Ways to Help
- Join our Meadow Club: FOWWOS will convert 800 square feet of grassy lawn at Duck Pond Park on Meadow Road into an actual meadow! This will include perennial flowers, rocks for warming, logs for shelter, and other features to create a butterfly haven. Assistance is also needed in creating fencing (to prevent accidental mowing), signs informational brochures, and coordinating volunteer events.
- Clean up Parks and Trails with FOWWOS: FOWWOS hosts regular litter cleanup events each year. Please suggest areas in need of TLC to join us at joinFOWWOS@gmail.com. Look for emails and fliers advertising these events, and check this website's homepage for updates. These cleanups are lots of fun and a great way to help keep West Windsor beautiful - come join us!
- Pick up debris and let FOWWOS know about it: Not only does it provide exercise and wellbeing; groups and individuals who collect trash in and along West Windsor parks and roads can log and submit their time to benefit FOWWOS. FOWWOS will receive funds through the NJ Clean Streets Program for every hour of time spent cleaning West Windsor.
- Propose a project for volunteers or funding: Do you have an idea for a project that will benefit open space in West Windsor and meets one or more of the goals of FOWWOS' mission? Email us at joinFOWWOS@gmail.com! Include a brief description of the project, your timeline and amount of money you are seeking.
- Plant native species: Native species are easier to maintain as they are more acclimated to our zone, AND wildlife such as birds and butterflies are adapted to them. Think of plants that will provide shelter year-round. Don't take down dead trees or remove dead logs unless they are hazardous. Try not to rake your leaves, for many pollinators winter in debris. Convert some of your grass to meadow. Reduce or eliminate pesticides and fertilizers.
- Become educated about West Windsor Open Space: Join us at our monthly meetings! Hear about latest happenings related to open space and share ideas. Attend Township Council meetings and speak during public comment periods about issues you care about. Township Council meeting dates are listed here: Council Agendas/Minutes (westwindsornj.org)
- Shop with Amazon Smile: If you shop at Amazon.com, designate "Friends of West Windsor Open Space" as your charity of choice. By using the special link to smile.Amazon.com when you shop, Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase price to FOWWOS.